It gets me wondering though. What if we could be more like our dogs?
For me it would be more like my Labrador “Ridley” who is now 12. Here’s what a day in the life of my dog would be like for us…
- Life is filled with wanting to please no matter what.
- Always happy to see everyone any time of the day (Ridley’s the type of dog that wags his tail even while he’s dreaming).
- Two square meals daily prepared from scratch (we’ve refined his biologically active raw food recipe).
- Being a healthy weight and loving activity (except on cold winter mornings).
- Just imagine….waking up in the morning, a good walk, doing your business, having a good sniff to understand what’s been around or coming up, then breakfast. Repeat at the end of the day.
- Getting a good scratch around your ears and a hair-brushing almost daily.
- Bi-weekly manicure, so you can dance around.
- During the day, music left on to soothe you to sleep for your naps.
- Sheer happiness when your family comes home…even after only 5 minutes.
- More playing and running or going on walk-abouts when on the island for 3 months with the freedom to sniff, swim, climb, roll, lay, snooze in the shade or bask in the sun or chase grasshoppers.
- A sitter who adores you and brings you stuffed toys when your family is away.
- Playing with your toys whenever you like.
- Doing wrong, and when busted, you apologize and let it go…and are scolded and forgiven very quickly.
Yes this is the life of my dog and the take-home from him is that we can do the same things.
- Love unconditionally
- Play with abandon
- Keep active and eat well
- Be curious, challenge limits, and get excited with each day
- Don’t complain, wag your tail, and be appreciative