In the spirit of building The Best Version of You, this week is dedicated to evoking change in your life by helping you move to mastery. Read each question below, think about it and write down your answer. Repeat this anytime.
1) What would I love to master in your life?
I’d love to master ________________________________
2) Why do I want to excel in it?
I want to excel in it because ________________________
3) Is there anything I need to know to achieve this mastery and if so what is it?
I need to ________________________________
4) What does mastery look like in this endeavor?
Detail and paint a picture with 5 or more points that you can use as a marker (goal) to measure your progress.
5) From each marker in question 4, rank where I am currently in relationship to the marker. (For example: If I wanted to master running a marathon in 3 hours as one marker and I currently run a marathon in 4 hours, then I’d rank myself as 7/10.)
Marker 1: _______________________________
Marker 2: _______________________________
Marker 3: _______________________________
Marker 4: _______________________________
Marker 5: _______________________________
6) What is the next step I can take in 24-48 hours that will move me towards mastering my goal? (From the example in 5, perhaps it would be to do speed walk twice weekly, or perhaps change food menu for better fuel…)
My next step is _______________________
7) How much will I do and by when will I do it?
I will do ___________________ by ____________(date)
8) Can someone hold me accountable? If so who and when will I ask them?I’ll ask _____________________
Repeat steps 4 through 8 for each marker. Revisit and revise regularly.
If this works for you then you are a really good match for my move to mastery program.