Recipe with Avocado and Egg : Prep: 1 minute
- 1 avocado semi-ripe, peeled, halved and stone removed
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups arugula washed and dried
- Your favourite spices – I like cumin, chili powder, curry, sea salt, pepper
- 1/4 lemon and 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- While heating a nonstick fry pan or use a healthy oil, cut an avocado to remove the outside fleshy part leaving a 3/4 cm piece for the egg to fit into the hole left from the stone. You will use the discarded piece with the arugula later.
Place the avocado into the hot pan and immediately break the eggs into each “hole” followed by adding a pinch of spices on the egg. Cook as you would a fried egg, with turning over and adding more spices once turned.
As it’s cooking, take the arugula and place into a bowl. Toss with 1 tsp lemon juice and 1 tsp balsamic vinegar. Split between two dinner plates and place remainder of avocado that was unused sliced on top. Add the cooked egg/avocado on top of that. I just did this and it was really spectacular. Let me know what you think.
To add more punch add sliced cherry tomatoes; Substitute chopped kale, collard or mustard greens in lieu of arugula or add crumbled feta or goat’s cheese. Be generous with chili powder, or curry, turmeric or cumin.
For the simple version just do the avocado & egg alone.