Are you just like others or are you unique? Is there anyone else on this planet like you? So why do you compare yourself to others?
In my opinion, we need to get away from comparing ourselves to others. It sets us on a slippery slope. We deserve to compare ourselves to the best version we can imagine of ourselves. Knowing we do the best we can with where we consciously are each day.
Do you know what the best version of you is in every area of your life?
Perhaps an easier target is for you to have an ideal plan to work toward in every area of your life: If we do not live our life on purpose, we live it by default. So why not design your own plan and do it now?
Try this to start: Write down what your ideal life would look like.
1) Physically: Fitness, weight, nutrition, vitality, energy, flexibility, sleep, strength and endurance.
2) Mentally: Handling stress productively, prioritizing your day, accomplishing and moving forward in your own agenda, achieving what you want. What do you need as stimulation for mental floss?
3) Spiritually: Down time to experience self, exploring your soul, your passions, purpose, values, spirituality, your connection with nature or higher beings.
4) Intimate relationships: Who is your ideal soul mate? How do you connect and spend time, grow and experience each other?
5) Family and friends: What are these relationships like? How do you relate? What is important to you?
6) Vocation: Is your job fulfilling? Who is really responsible for making that so? How can you make it more meaningful? What do you need to do, and who do you need to be, to love your work and work your love?
7) Finances: What needs to be handled and how? What is your current state? What do you need to live and thrive? What do you need to save and put away? Are your goals realistic for what you currently earn? If you want to change where you are, what do you need to do?
8) Community/Citizenry: What can you do to help give back and improve your community? What is the current state of your community or nation? What can you give…of your time, talent or resources?
Describe your ideal in each area and think of it as a 10/10. Then rank where you’d place yourself now in each area compared to that 10/10. Start with your passions – with what you love to do and make a small step by taking 5% more responsibility in the direction of improvement that you can control, and begin it now. Not tomorrow but NOW! Once you have done that, take another step in another area. Keep repeating in all the areas. Before you know it, you will be living your life on purpose and by your own design. If you become stuck, this is where coaching can help with breakthroughs.
See if you can get to the self-confidence where your voice and your vision on the inside is independent of the good opinions of others.